Let’s apply this to the future of restaurant dining. In the future, on an app in your pocket (or on the web), you will be able to:
- Order your food exactly the way you want. (eg. Bacon Cheese Burger cooked medium well with… Extra bacon, triple pickle, hold the onion, add BBQ sauce, add a side plate, add a side of onion rings)
- Tell the restaurant when you will be there. (eg. it will take 5 mins to get to your car, it is a 5 min drive according to the GPS so you will be there in approximately 10 mins)
- If you are held up, the system automatically informs the restaurant you are running late to make sure your food does not get stale waiting on you to arrive
- On the way, you change your order to also add extra tomatoes and apple pie for desert.
- You send an invite to a friend (or many) to join you at this restaurant at your scheduled arrival time (or whenever they can make it)
- Your friends accept the invite and place their order too. They will arrive at the same time or a few minutes later so their food is ready about the time your friends show up.
- You get an alert. Jamie as accepted your invite and will be joining you for lunch.
- You get another alert, “Hi this is Jason, I am the cook for your burger today. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know your burger is on the broiler, see you soon”
- 3 minutes later you get another alert “Hi my name is Jackson, I am helping to prepare you meal today. Your fries are in and will be hot and ready for you when you arrive, see you in 3 minutes.”
- 2 minutes later you get another alert “Hi, Amy here, I have your table cleared and I have placed your drinks on the table for you. See you in a minute”
- You then notice that Amy has a 5 star rating! Wow, you got a great server.
- As you walk into the restaurant, Amy greets you by name and says right this way, she walks you to your table and points out where each drink has been placed.
- Your friend Jamie arrives right after you, Amy greets Jamie by name and is shown your table.
- You sit down and about a minute or two later, Amy shows up with your food steaming hot and ready to consume.
- 5 mins later, you need a drink refill so you let your server know on your app
- Amy Brings you your desert to top off a great lunch-time meal.
- a bit Later, you open your app, select the appropriate tip and rate whatever you like (food, cleanliness, service, app, or anything else [including your cooks])
- you are done eating and ready to leave so you hit the door only 13 minutes after you walked in.
A quick and simple question… Would this be appealing to you?
Would you like to cut out waiting for someone or a server to:
- make a table available (or worse your turn to get a table)
- seat you
- bring you a menu
- take your drink order
- bring you your drinks
- take your food order
- check-in on you to see if you need anything (drink refill)
- bring your food
- get assistance because your table is “out of ketchup” or whatever
- get assistance to ask for the check
- get the check
- pickup your credit card
- bring back your credit card
WOW! That was a bunch of waiting!!! If you think about it a “fast meal” in a sit-down restaurant is typically about an hour. In places where there is a wait it can be even longer. Dinner is often multiple hours. I know what you are thinking. This “magical journey” could never be reality. What if it could? What would turning a good sit-down meal into a 15 minute lunch break (less than the time to sit in a drive through) be worth to you? Would it be worth a dollar? Would it be worth thirty dollars? Sometimes it could be either. This is our magical journey so let’s assume it is free. Would you see the value in it? Would you take advantage of it? Would you tell your friends about it? Here is the kicker, would you help make it happen?
This is just one of many scenarios that is coming to market. Much of the development is done, we now just need restaurants to want to provide this to you as a service. This is the rub, it is really hard to get business owners and managers to sit down with a sales person to learn about a new offering. It is expensive too to employ and feed all the sales people we would need to blanket the country to pitch to all the restaurants. This is where you come in. We need a groundswell of live customers (that’s you) to tell the businesses YOU WANT aBitNow.com capabilities at their restaurant. Your voice can make it happen. Please checkout Crowd Source a Revolution in the Food Service Industry to learn how you can help make this magic journey a reality.
You may be thinking this is a huge burden on restaurants so they will never go for it. if that is you, consider this. If a restaurant is getting an average customer in and out in 20 mins instead of an hour, during their busy time, they can triple their revenue. THIS IS A WIN-WIN!